The procedure known as liposuction involves removing fat from a few areas where it is in excess and perform grafting in areas where there are dips or in places where it is desired to increase the volume and does not want to use prostheses or other types of products. The areas most frequently usually are undergoing fat grafting buttocks, face, hands and lips. This technique is devoted worldwide with good results, low-cost, since all the material used in fat grafting is taken from the patient herself and presents no risk of rejection.
What type of anesthesia used?
The anesthesia will vary from area to be treated. In the face and hands can be used, local and even sedation or general anesthesia. In the glutes where the procedure has larger area, it is usually used the general anesthesia or block (epidural).
Does all fat is that is grafted survive?
Not, a part of the grafted fat is resorbed. In some areas the rate of absorption is approximately 20%, while in areas with high mobility can reach 60%. The end result of the amount of injected fat is reabsorbed which has not gotten around to 06 months postoperatively.
How long is the surgery?
The duration of surgery varies depending on the area to be treated and it can vary from 1 to 4 hours of the procedure.
Generally, about 1 day.
Some patients have pain especially in areas that were not in the areas where liposuction is performed and grafted. These frames are treated with common painkillers with adequate resolution.
Yes, braces are used to help reduce the edema (swelling) and to improve the body contour.
The result is observed at about 6 months after the procedure and after the surgery it is already noticeable a significant improvement in the contour and on the depressions that may exist.Preoperative Recommendations
- Communicate with your plastic surgeon before the surgery in case of flu, menstrual period, indisposition, etc.
- Intern at the hospital indicated in the guide, following the hospitalization time;
- Avoid alcohol or bulky meals the day before surgery;
- Avoid any medication for weight loss of weight, you may be use for a period of 10 days before the surgery. This also includes diuretics;
- Schedule your social, domestic or school activities, so as do not become indispensable to others for a period of about 4 to 5 days.
- Avoid strenuous activity for 8 days;
- Get up as often as it is recommended by the hospital discharge according to the sitting stay periods, as well as avoid the most physical effort;
- Do not expose yourself to sun or cold, for at least one week;
- Obey the prescription;
- Back to the clinic for the subsequent healing in the days and times prescribed;
- You will probably be feeling so good as to forget that it was operated recently. Watch out! The euphoria may lead you an inappropriate effort, which determine certain disorders. It is noteworthy that between the 3rd and 5th the postoperative day, there may be a slight emotional or physical depression. This is predicted and explained by the recovery of your body for the sake of your body physiology;
- Do not worry about the intermediate forms in various stages. Take off with your plastic surgeon and only with him, any questions that may arise;
- Normal diet (except in special cases). We recommend high-protein food (meat, eggs, milk) as well as the intake of fruits;
- Wait to your diet or weight loss regime after the medical release. The anticipation of this conduct on their own may determine the consequences difficult to resolve.