The lifting of legs or thigh lifting is indicated to reduce sagging thighs. The procedure is the removal of dermogorous excess thighs, thereby reducing the loss of weight resulting from sagging. It is a very common procedure nowadays as complementary gastroplasty surgery, a surgery performed in patients with morbid obesity.
How is the scar on the thighs?
The shape of the resection and the positioning of the scars resulting from this surgery depend on the evaluation of each individual case. Lighter cases of sagging can be treated with an approach only through a groin incision. In some cases, there may be a need for a complementary longitudinal incision for greater circumferential resection. The suffering of patients with this problem is so great that the scars represent a small burden, given the benefit obtained by the surgery.
When the thigh lifting is indicated?
If you do not feel comfortable in wearing a short skirt or short because of the appearance of their thighs, then maybe you must consider to improve this look with this surgical procedure. The dermolipectomia thighs can promote a more defined contour of your thighs, reducing sagging imposed by weight loss or by the removal of excess fat through liposuction. The dermolipectomia thighs can greatly improve your body contour, increasing your self-esteem and your body image. It is essential that you discuss your expectations very clearly and clarify all your doubts during your initial consultation.
Locks or general anesthesia (epidural) can be performed.
In your initial consultation, it will be assessed your state of health, medical and family history, as well as the conditions of the lower limbs with respect to fat, skin tone, presence of scars or varicose veins, muscles and other data. It is important to report on use of cigarettes, drugs, vitamins and other drugs. Liposculpture can also be an additional option to dermolipectomia thighs. Thus, you will have the best individualized proposal to meet your expectations as the best body contouring for you.
The surgery begins by the incision along the appointment made on your thighs near the groin. The detachment of the dermogorous flap is performed only to the extent of the skin and fat to be removed. If circumferential reduction of the thighs has been evaluated and required, then a longitudinal incision on the inner side of the thigh will also be held, allowing the resection of skin and fat in the thigh extension. The excess of skin is resected, the surgical incisions are sutured and drains may be placed, if necessary.
- Inform your doctor in case you get flu, cold or other infection before surgery;
- You will be informed in detail about how to prepare for the surgery, including on fasting time, interrupt the use of medications or vitamins and other drugs;
- Stop smoking at least two weeks before to two weeks after the surgery is essential to reduce the risk of complications;
- Avoid exposure to the sun, particularly in the operated area and not follow strict diet immediately prior to surgery period, since the nutritional deficiency may impair wound healing.
- You will be guided how to dressings and baths and you must take medication as prescribed;
- The drugs that are prescribed to take after the surgery must manage well the discomfort and pain which is a normal feeling, especially in the early days;
- You must go on the first day after the surgery, although it must not remain ever sitting in lotus position in order to reduce tension in the scar;
- You may return your car to drive and return to work after 15 days if there is no mishap and your job does not require great physical effort;
- Physical activities will resume gradually following schedule previously established.
The dermolipectomia thighs enables dramatic improvement in body contour that makes sagging or excess skin and fat. The good results are long lasting, especially if you keep care such as regular physical exercise and balanced diet.